This the season to kiss under the mistletoe and be "filled with holiday spirit," which, let's be honest, sounds kinda dirty. But ever wonder why sex seems to be in the air around the winter holidays?
See, this time of year -- when you're not wrapping presents, unwrapping candy canes, trimming a turkey, helping old Aunt Gladys to the bathroom, and bursting into tears at your checking account balance -- is a mega-jackpot for your sex life. (And no, neither of you has to rent a Santa costume.)
Not only is there scientific proof of this -- and we're not talking the same kind of proof you slip into your eggnog -- but there are also some interesting reasons for it, too.
Keep reading to learn all the ways the winter holidays bring you and yours A LOT closer together.
1. You're simply MORE likely to have sex this time of year. (And as a result, September 16 is the most popular day for babies to be born.) Theories as to why range from people getting time off work to getting their party on.
2. The colour red is a serious turn-on. Men find women who wear this Christmasy colour more attractive than women wearing any other hue. It's because we're more likely to choose clothing this colour when we're fertile. Plus, men are instinctively aroused by this colour because our bodies naturally turn a pinkish colour when we're sexually aroused.
3. Your emotional bond with your man may get a boost over the holiday. Family and financial stressors aside, holiday traditions -- from decorating your house to singing carols -- heighten our emotions. And that makes us more likely to connect with our partners ... which leads to more intense sex.
4. You're more likely to play with toys in wintertime. And no, not the Nintendo DS in the living room. We're taking straight-up sex toys. According to a national survey from sex toy specialists Adam and Eve.com, 47 percent of us are more likely to use them now than any other time of year.
5. Christmas parties are THE place to hook up. A British sex toy company surveyed 2,000 people and found that 39 percent had done the deed at an office soiree. The horniest sector? People who work in IT. Law offices came in a close second.
6. The more you travel, the more sex you have. A 2013 study commissioned by the US Travel Association found that couples who travel together at least once a year have highly satisfying sex lives. Do you need a better reason to head to the beach for Christmas?
7. Men have no prob getting it on at their in-laws'. Or, well, at least 49 percent are totally fine "going to bed early" at a friend's or relative's house, sayeth a Yahoo! Travel survey. We women are a little more, "Uh, you sure this is okay?" Only 29 percent of us can stop worrying and just enjoy a little fa-la-la.
So here it is. Interesting stuff about sex. Oh, and we've stuck some weird ones in there as well to spice things up a bit. You'll never watch a pair of breeding black widow spiders in the same light ever again...1. You burn about 200 calories during 30 minutes of active sex.2. Sex makes women's [...]
Sex Toys: Vibrators and DildosVibrators and dildos are sex toys that can be used for masturbation and/or sex. All different people use vibrators and dildos in a variety of ways–either alone, with a partner or a group of people.Vibrators vibrate (surprise!) to increase stimulation to a desired body part, be it the clitoris, vagina, anus or [...]
Adult Sex toys are being increasingly used by more regular people to aid in masturbation or to add some excitement when having sex by yourself or with one's partner.1. There are plenty of Sex Toys that you can experiment with to discover your personal likes and dislikes. There are also many other sex toys on the market including sprays, gels, blow-up dolls, [...]
1: Breasts can swell up to 25 % when you’re aroused, making them super-sensitive.2. An average guy can ejaculate at 45km/h. Must be why they are so quick at times lol !!!!!!!!3. Stimulating the nipples activates the same part of the brain as clitoral, vaginal and cervical stimulation – so engaging [...]
1. Vibrators were invented for something elseThe vibrator was originally invented in the 19th century as a way to reduce hysteria. It seems a little extreme. However, we do not recommend testing that theory by taking away a woman's vibrator from her to see if she goes into a hysterical fit. That's just walking on dangerous ground.2. [...]